Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dinner!


ok so you know that I love to cook right?  ok I don't love it but I love love love cookbooks so I got out some of my favorites and am getting ready to pick out my new recipie for the month.  I need to get away from chicken every night!!! so here is what I'm planning to  have tonight.After all that serching in cookbooks last night I found this recipie on good things utah or was it studio 5 can't remember.  It chicken artichoke chesse bake YUMMY!  here's the recipie if any of you want to try it.
8oz. pasta cooked
2 chicken breast cubed
2t. veg oil
1/2 C. onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1 T butter
1 can artichokes shopped
1 C. packed chopped spinach
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. cream cheese
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c chicken stock
1/2 c half and half
6 oz. parmesan cheese grated
2 T hot sauce
cook onion and garlic in oil till translucent add chicken  and cook till done, add butter and artichokes, spinach and tomatoes.(I used tomatoes with chillies I would use plain ones next time)  stir in Cream cheese, sour cream and cook untill they are melted and incorporated into the mixture..
add the chicken stock, half and half, parmesan cheese, and hot sauce.  simmer for about 5 minutes.  pour inot a large casserole dish, top with additional parmesan cheese and bake at 350 till top is golden brown 10-15 min.  Yummy!

ok you know that I made it with fat free everything and it was still tastey. ok It could have used more cheese I only used half, but still a low fat version that was not half bad I bet the fully loaded one is Double D-lishous!!!

3 comments:

laura kate said...

yum, a combo of some of my favorite dishes. I caught up on a bunch of old posts. Looks like a fun, busy season. I really like your traditions...may have to borrow a few to add to our own.
p.s. I saw your neighbor gift at my sisters SO CUTE!!! What a great idea. We think of you when we put our decorations, I think you made half of them :).

Anonymous said...

That sounds so yummy, Thanks! My very favorite cookbook ever is "The Favorites by the Ivory's" You can order it from the Make A Wish foundation of Utah. I also have a link on my blog. Everything in it is fabulous and easy.

Lanae said...

So when can we come over and eat dinner? Sounds delicious! My cousin gave me that book "the favorites by the ivory's" and I've made at least 1/2 of the recipes - they are all so good!