Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Day





What a great day! ok when I look back on it a week later  I did seem to forget about all the fighting and whinning and tired little boys!  I hope that my boys felt the Christmas spirit this year.  We went Down Town to stay at the Raddison across from the Delta center on the 23rd.  We ate at Applebee's and watched the Utes play their bowel game.  Then the kids decided it was too cold to go see the lights so they went swimming instead and I got to sink into a king size dreamy bed with my magazines and 8 pillows and a chirtmas movie on the t.v.  The next day we went to the Planetarium to see the new Chirstmas movie, then off lunch at Rumbies, then to see Alvin and the Chipmonks the Squeekal.  So cute. 

I was in charge of the hat and glove tree this year at the school and we recieved over 500 hats and gloves!  We took half to the road house, it was humbling to see all the cold homless people. I felt so blessed and ungreatful for what I have.  We took the rest to the Chirstmas box house, where there were 7 to 20 orphans with no where to go for Christmas.  My kids have no idea how blessed they are.
We then got to enjoy dinner up in Bountiful with my dear 85 year old Granny and my relatives.  We love playing the white elephant game and catching up with everyone. (I got to call out the numbers this year) Good day!!!





On Christmas mornning we tell the kids that they cant come upstairs till 7:00. The problem with this is that Bry and I wake up every morning at 5:00am so our minds just wake up at that time.  We decided to watch Family Man and wait for the kids.  It was so fun snuggling with bry in our warm cozy bed no kids screaming yelling or making a mess!  It didn't last at 7:30 the kids had enough waiting and paged us to get up!!!! We had a great time opening all our gifts and eating homade cinnamon rolls.





Then we left for Inkley's and then Rippon's.  what a day, I'm so glad that we have so much family around us. The day after Christmas we celebrate boxing day.  The kids have to give away all the toys they don't use or play with (we do this before Christmas) then they get to open family games. (we play games every Sunday).  I love Christmas and hate to see it end but excited to see what the new year will bring!

1 comment:

jerseygirl said...

How fun, I love looking at your blog and pretending that I am home with you guys. It looks like you had an amazing Christmas. What a fun tradition you have sleeping over in Salt Lake. Love you guys!! Happy New Year!