Monday, November 22, 2010

Austins Eagle

Austin you are so AWESOME!  wow to get your eagle  is so amazing!!! I  love that you accomplished that and have now set the bar for your brothers.  I know that you finished your eagle this summer but leave it to us to just squeeze this in before your birthday.  I hope you felt special and loved and proud of your self.  It was hard getting that fishing merit badge ha ha, but you did it. You have set the bar high for your brothers. 


 Austin chose cause for hope for his project. This is what he wrote.  With the help of my ward members I filled 13 suitcases full of white shirts, socks, shoes dresses and ties.  It has been such a humbling experience for  me.  when i read and hear all the stories and experiences that cause for hope has been involved with, it makes me happy to know that I was able to help ins small way.  I know the missionary effort is very important and I hope that I have been able to help that work with my eagle project.  I know it has made me a better person, and I look forward to the day when I can go on my own mission.
 look at that good looking group.  It makes me so proud to have 3 of my four boys standing up there.  I don't get scouts cause I'm a girl but I know its  a great place for my boys to be.  It teaches them so much about being respectful and trying hard and hey they just have fun!!


 Austin taking the  eagle oath.  He got a little emotional when he got to tell us what he had done to get his eagle and when he was saying he loved us.  Its times like these when your heart swells with pride watching your baby grow into a wonderful adult. 


ok inkley boys you better get with it so you can sit in the eagles nest with your brother soon!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great accomplishment for Austin. That represents a lot of growth and leadership for scouts. We'll look forward to 3 more such postings from your family. Thanks for sharing some of your pictues...we're looking for ideas.

jerseygirl said...

We are so proud of you Austin. We love you, you're awesome!!

René said...

This is such an accomplishment. I know you are proud of him. Thanks for the sweet comment about the burlap runner.

-Rene