Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Words from Austin

ok we hit the month mark, wow it seems it should be a year by now.  Why does it go so slow for the momma?  I miss him eating breakfast with me in the morning before work and coming home and eating my dinner without complaining that its chicken again, and even waiting up till midnight and hearing the garage door going up and down.

He is liking the MTC and his companion and the classes, he is not liking the food getting sick and not sleeping well (4 boys to a room might be part of the problem) he he...

this is  a bit of a letter...."The most spiritual thing that has happened was actually last night.  we were teaching an investigator and I didn't know what to tell him. But I just started signing and my hands wouldn't let me stop.  it was really cool.  Also0 the bookstore has been out of B.O.M. for the past week and they didn't know when they were going to be getting more in.  we prayed to get some in and when we woke up the next morning there were over 300 B.O.M. in the bookstore."

"I saw elder Holland speak which was really cool.  He talked about how we need to give the book of Mormon a chance.  And in order for our investigators to get a testimony they have to at least read 1st Nephi 1: 2-20."

"my cop is starting to get on m my nerves, the past couple of days, he keeps telling me the same 5 stories over and over.  I'm really just trying to sign as much as I can my new roommates thought I was deaf so that is good.  I just need to get  my facial expressions down and I will be better.  Its really a hard language to speak there is so much you have to know that I never thought of"






He is just getting the hang of everything, i think it will be hard when he gets out in the field and isn't getting 2-3 packages a day and letters everyday. but hey I've got to cut the apron strings at some point right? we will update every once in a while, I should get him his own blog maybe soon.

May the force be with you Austin he he

No comments: