Monday, April 23, 2012

Austin week 2 in New York

I love getting letters form Austin, all though I can't understand some of it because we write how we talk..... any way so good to hear from him,  Here is some highlights of his week.  


This week has been a rough one on me. I had to do a comp exchange with some other Elders in our zone. I have not smelled a worse apt then this one in my life. It was bad! Elder White is also just a weirdo. I love him but yes he is weird. O well I made the best of it and went to work even thought he just wanted to sit and do nothing. I don’t get him and his comp. We switched back on Wednesday so that was a long 2 days.

(His apartment)

Tuesday during the exchange we really did nothing but track and sit in the car until I could talk elder white into working but I got things done just not how I would have liked them to be. We also then just went to work trying to find new people for them to teach so that maybe it would revamp the fire for them. Elder White who I changed with is really smart, just weird. So we got in this debate with a anti Mormon guy and he just killed him. It was really cool and I learned a lot about the church and the bible. So I set a goal to read the bible more so I could use so scripts better. Ya the bible is really boring I don’t know how other religions can read it so many times. (O wait yes I do, because they don’t have the BOM.)

(His Kitchen)

Wednesday was the first district meeting and I was so excited cuz I got to be with Elder Stoker again who is my comp. He is such a good man, leader, and roll model for me. We did a lot of work on Wednesday.  Then we went and talked to Reta she is such a good lady she just needs to move out and she can and will be baptized. Her BF is just really controlling. Then we went to the temple with the RS. I had to baptize 4 people it was really good and cool, I felt the spirit so strong but I was so nervous.

(Saying good bey to his favorite MTC Companion)

Thursday . We found 3 really good and legit investor's. One is really old he looks 65 but he is really cool. The others are good as well. One guys named Paul he is 18 and knows allot more than me about religion in the bible. He is amazing and really wants to learn. It is really cool to see how the lord works and he does it in mysterious ways. (Just so that you all know or should know by now. I can’t spell so do your best.)

(Last week at the Sacred Grove)

Friday It is going by so fast and I hate it. I have been out for 2 weeks feels like 2 days. And I realized that is getting to call home in 3 weeks. So mom and dad I can use Skype . Friday we had WK (weekly Planning) it takes forever but it is needed. I just wish that we had more time to do it sometimes. It takes about 3 hours but we have to do it all in 1/30.  Satan has been working on me and my comp this week really hard. he's been trying to make( at least me not) want to get up and go and just stay in and sleep’s  I figured out why Fri. this 19 year old that elder Stoker taught in Buffalo got his mission call to where elder Stoker lives, in Ogden Utah. So they got called to each other’s missions. Wired I know. So we got permission from the pres. to go and support him of course he said yes. But Satan really tried everything to not get us there. It was really just a bad situation. Once we got there. It was awesome. Best spirit that I have felt and wow is all I can say.

(His companion and mission Pres. Christensen and wife)

Saturday we just worked and worked found another 3 new investor's so that was really good. At least 2 of them are going to be legit. I could see the blessings after because we pushed through all the crap the day before the lord blessed us and we had a great day.

Work and more work. Is all I can say to anyone that is going through a hard time? If you just work serve other people and work. They you will 1 feel better and 2 you will start to see things fall into place that would not have if you didn’t serve.

 love you all you are all great.

live the Life you Love. Love the Life you Live.

Elder Inkley.







Love that kid!




1 comment:

jerseygirl said...

aw! so cute, he's already such a great missionary!